Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:56:00 -0600
7bit
From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Shells (Spondylus princeps)from the US west coast and feathers (macaw) from
Central America have been found in Pueblan ruins in New Mexico.  These are
obviously the result of trade over hundreds of miles for the shells and
thousands of miles for the feathers.  So it could very well be that cowry
shells from the Caribbean were traded northward and later found and revered.
Here's hoping it is true as it is a great story.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA