Sender:
From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 22:59:17 -0700
Well, since I have seen so many others with  a request like this, I
figured I would give it a try.  My wife and I are going to a wedding in
Seattle on the 19th of September.  We are driving up and plan to drive
south afterwards to San Francisco and then head back to New Mexico.  I
understand California has restricted collecting but I was wondering if
anyone could recommend sites in Oregon and Washington.  My collecting
will be limited to beach and exposed rocks.  I will be particularly
looking for chitons - for myself and for an individual in Samoa who
collects them (plus any other shells that happen to show up).

The very best shelling spots along the route were given to me by Dan
Yoshimoto - three shell stores.  If anyone has some other suggestions I
would really appreciate them.  If not, we will wander our way south and
enjoy what I remember (from about 1958 - I was very young, really) as one
of the most beautiful drives in existence.

Thanks,

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico (no green spot, but a sunset this evening
that was spectacular).