Sender:
From:
Bill Fenzan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 09:55:08 -0400
Hi Winston,

Just got back home and did not get a chance to read your thread until now.
I have the Fourth edition of the code.  In article 51, dealing with citation
of names of authors, recommendation 51D provides guidance on how to cite
authorship when the author is anonymous, or anonymouns but known or
inferred.  This is the case for the Portland Catalog.  It was published
ananymously, but later the authorship of Lightfoot was established.  There
is more information in A Chronological Taxonomy of Conus, 1758-1840 by Alan
J.Kohn on pages 33-34 and a 1962 paper by Peter Dance cited by Kohn.

The situation for the Bolten Catalog is a bit different.  P. F. Roding does
not appear on the title page as the author, but his name does appear at the
end of the introduction to the catalog.  His authorship is more firmly
established within the work.

Hope this answers the question or at least points in the right direction.

Bill Fenzan
Norfolk, VA