Sender:
From:
Amy Lyn Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:52:44 -0400
The listserv computer ignores what is in the subject, however you may find
it useful to include one even if your email client doesn't require it.  Use
a word or words that represent the command you are sending to the listserv,
i.e. turn off mail, turn on mail, list subscribers...  Save a copy of your
out going email message for the next time you need to send the same
command.  The subject will help you find the correct message to re-send.
Amy
P.S. Sylvia you did a great job explaining how it works.

>Dear Sylvia,  Many thanks, once again for your clear and concise
>instructions regarding advising how to stop & start mail , and acquire
>other information frm Conch-L..  Perhaps you could clarify one point; you
>state that it is not necessary to include any subject matter, but with my
>server (Compuserve) it is necessary for me to include a 'Subject' otherwise
>I cannot proceed to the 'subject section'. Are there any wordings that I
>should avoid - would the words Conch-L  suffice ?    Your kind assistance
>would be appreciated, as I go on holiday later this week.   Yours Stanley
>Francis

Amy Edwards, Program Coordinator ------ [log in to unmask]

Museum of Natural History        --------        phone (706) 542-4137
University of Georgia            --------            FAX 706-542-3920
Athens, GA 30602-1882       --------       http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/
"A man's mind, stretched by new ideas, can never go back to its original
dimensions."             Oliver Wendell Holmes