Sender:
From:
Jos & Patty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 19:57:46 +1100
Dear all,

I wish all of you the best for the holidays. Mine will be spent amongst
loads of boxes. We are finally leaving Townsville on 1 January. We will
spend the first two weeks in Sydney at a friend's place, and then look for
somewhere to stay. Needless to say, I can't read my E-mail for most of
those weeks, and will need to change my E-mail address afterwards. I just
wanted to let everyone know.

On the subject of shell books. I have heard some people say that they wish
there was a good book on something, some family, genus or region. I know
some collectors have fabulous note books, which, with a bit of editing,
could be suitable for publication The only reasons I can see why those
works haven't been published are:

1. The author isn't really interested in publishing because he/she knows it
will mean a lot of (mostly boring editorial) work.
2. The author doesn't know anyone who would want to publish it or
3. The author doesn't have the money to publish privately

I think there would be great opportunities for those works with limited
audiences to be 'published' on CD-ROM, or in low-key paper publications. I,
for one, would be interested in anyone who has such material available. I
have a strong belief that when somebody does a lot of work and produces
some really great notes, he or she shouldn't take it to the grave with
them. That would be such a shame!

Patty Jansen

Capricornica Publications
http://www.internetnorth.com.au/filejest/capric/bookshop.htm
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
11 Eden St.
Belgian Gardens Qld. 4810
Australia
phone/fax: 077 727743 mobile: 0412 360642