Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:11:54 +0800
From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Dear Ross,

local protection of these large shells is justified, unless they also
live in deep water. In the Philippines there is a local protection on
Charonia tritonis and Cassis cornuta and Trochus niloticus.

They are too easy targets for divers and are easily wiped out.
Trochus niloticus is recovering fast now, also Cassis cornutus, but
Charonia tritonis is still rare, I saw only two in 1300 dives. And I
never saw a Turbo marmoratus.

Best regards, Guido

www.conchology.be