Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 07:21:10 -0500
7bit
From:
"Martin H. Eastburn" <[log in to unmask]>
Yep!

I lived there for a few years and my parents for a dozen or so.
Brother.....
Scott is a life long friend of my Brother Emil.

It is the Pacific missile range target zone.  California and Pacific subs
target that zone and those on Kwaj eyeball it with Radar.  (and much more).

Yes when I was there, World Airlines and Continental flew there.  Visitors
are not allowed.  If you know someone on the island, they can sponsor you
for a visit.  Pre-arranged...   It is a U.S. Army (for years now) (Navy
when I was there)
base.  It is the Mid Pacific refueling site also. KMR is the tla.

Continental comes in and drops off those for Kwaj and jumps to another
Island.
They have been hop-scotching it for 50 years or thereabouts.

Martin

--
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/