Sender:
From:
"Sarah R. Watson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:01:46 EDT
Sarah's brain is fried today.  She answered that post at 7am when she was not
completely awake and was up way too late the night before studying. Please
disregard anything coming from her that early. (this is her back up  brain
speaking)

Actually, the server I am on shows the local time of my area at what time the
email was delivered. (another quirk of AOL)

 On a mollusk related note, I was asked about the shelling restrictions on St.
Croix and the other US virgin Islands.  (need plane ticket, will fly 4th class
cargo or on the wing(brrr)  in order to see what damage was done to Grassy
Point and Sandy point.) As far as I know the only restrictions are for
Strombus gigas and Cittarium pica (a local treat known as whelk). S. gigas
must be over 9 inches in length and C. pica must be over 4 inches in Diameter.
However most of the locals do not follow the restrictions and they are not
enforced.( not enough man power) Also no collecting on the reefs, No live
collecting in the Buck Island Park, no collecting of any kind on the
underwater trail in the park, and no live collecting at Sandy Point Preserve.
But as for  the grass beds,  lagoons and rockyshore, collecting is permitted.
Are there anymore that I am not aware of? Please let me know.
    As a rule I don't take more than 2 specimans of each species that I find.
If there are no more that 2 I won't take any but rather a picture or notes
about location etc.  I collected some live nerita peloronta( Majorly abundant)
to take home back to the lab  but for the most part I only took about 15 live
animals. I had more while there in order to observe them but on the last day I
returned them where they came from.

 Well whaddya know I am coherent. WOOHOO!!! I'm goin back to bed now

Sarah