Sender:
From:
Tim Worsfold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:51:36 -0000
The other things are ostracods.

-----Original Message-----
From: Conchologists List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Andrew Grebneff
Sent: 03 November 2008 05:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CONCH-L] Melanoides confirmation?

Definitely Melanoides. I know that M. tuberculata has been introduced
to Florida (among many other parts of the world).

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Scott Jones <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Hello-
>
>   I've never seen one of these before, so I was hoping for a
confirmation on
> the ID.  I believe they are Melanoides tuberculata.  Here's some
collecting
> detail:
>
> South Prong of the St Sebastian River; muddy, organic-rich substrate
in
> association with numerous oligochaetes (Limnodrilus spp.) and some
> Hydrobiids.  Depth: 1.5m  Salinity: ~ 7 ppt.
>
> here's the photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MSJoneser/BenthosBlog?authkey=VjOTPE0qtk4#52
62636884435606498

http://picasaweb.google.com/MSJoneser/BenthosBlog?authkey=VjOTPE0qtk4#52
62636907360779970

--
Andrew Grebneff
Dunedin, New Zealand

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY -
www.maildefender.net