Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 00:34:37 +1000
8bit
From:
Bob Dayle <[log in to unmask]>
It's always worth keeping in mind that EVERYBODY (handlers of packages) has
X-ray machines. And they are looking as the packages go through.

Unless disguised properly, money and shells are up for grabs. The addition of
the metallic band in US currency is particularly troubling. To use a famous
quote in this context, "All of the saints are in heaven."

In an age of cell phone cameras and video cameras, it is not hard to document
the mailing of packages. I learned the hard way that postal insurance is just
gravy to the US Postal Service. They turn right around and say, "PROVE that you
had anything of value in that package!" But, I'm not bitter.  :-/

Bob Dayle
http://cowry.org