Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:03:30 -0300
7bit
From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
It seems the specimen from Rich's website is quite different from what we have on our photo gallery,
our shells are flatter, more trigonal and not as shinny. His shell seems to be a Pitar or
Transenella but I might be wrong.

http://www.femorale.com.br/shellphotos/detail.asp?species=Gouldia+cerina+%28C%2EB%2EAdams%2C+1845%29

Our shells were collected either at low tide using hand dredge or at 20-30 meters by dredge - from
Sao Paulo State to Espirito Santo State.

Marcus