Sender:
From:
Simon Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:57:21 +1000
Hi Andrew,

as Geoff stated there are a few good spots but all places within about a 200Km radius of Melbourne are protected. You need a permit to collect intertidally. I collect (very occasionally) using our Victorian Branch Mal Soc permit (as part of the Australian Malacological Society).

I checked the tides for the week Mon 13th - Sat 18th April and they are actually not too bad. Not real low but 0.21-0.37m. With the new datum, anything below ~0.30m is worth a try!

Refere link below...
http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/oceanography/tides/tide_predications.cgi

Geoff would be able to tell u the best places.

Best of Luck.

Regards,
Simon

Andrew

This message obviously didnt make it through to ConchL yesterday so I am resending with copy
to you

regarding Melbourne

Some good areas around but mostly an hour or more out of the city proper de=
pending on your specific interests. Many areas have restrictions.

Contact me off list for more details on [log in to unmask] or geoffmac6=

I should be around a little during that week if you want to meet

Regards

Geoff
=20