Sender:
From:
Sheila Tagaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:28:04 +0800
Dear Conchologists,

Today is a special day, especially for Conus-collectors. The number
Vol. 2 nr. 4 from Visaya has now been published and can be ordered by
private email.

This number contains the description of CONUS GLORIOCEANUS Poppe &
Tagaro, 2009.

http://www.conchology.be/images/home/CONUS%20GLORIOCEANUS.jpg

The shell measures 49.6 mm and has exactly the same color as Conus
gloriamaris, but it is a different species, from a different genus.
The name refers to this fantastic coloration and its rarity: still
unique until today. This species will never have the fame for the
Conus gloriamaris, but it takes over the desirability, as it is the
rarest and most fantastic Conus of today. Gabriella Raybaudi viewed
the specimen here and suspects that other specimens may be darker
colored. All who have seen it got the shock ! Either from delight or
surprise.

Enjoy. We have urged our fishermen to exploit the new fishing grounds
and to get more...

We wish you multiple conchological pleasures in the coming days.

Guido

Sheila Tagaro

Conchology, Inc.
Cebu Light Industrial Park,