Sender:
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 06:17:20 -0400
It appears many authors, including Abbott, have been presenting P. lata as
P. soleniformis.  Paula Mikkelsen (Seashells of Southern Florida - Bivalves)
and Harry Lee (Marine Shells of Northeast Florida) in their recent books
appear to be among the few aware of Watters' paper separating these two.
Paula's book is the only one (in addition to Tom's paper) that presents
descriptions of both.  I was wondering if anyone has any Papyridea
soleniformis (preferrably from Florida) you would consider truly to be so
and not P. lata.  I am seeking loans, purchase or trade.

Watters, G. T. 2002. The status and identity of Papyridea soleniformis
(Bruguiére, 1789) (Bivalvia: Cardiidae). The Nautilus 116(4): 118-128. Dec.
31.

For P. lata see:
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Conchologist_Forum/index.php?showtopic=1803

Marlo