Sender:
From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:29:39 +1200
> What's an "outright synonym?"

A term I use to mean "unquestionable, not a subgenus".

species of Waimatea is very similar to Volutomitra, but they are not
necessarily congeneric. However the type species is the only one which
counts, and there are zero characters to separate them.

Other species placed in Waimatea, such as the intertidal patterned
species from NZ & Australia, short tumid shells with noticably
thickened lips, mbelong elsewhere, possibly Peculator.

--
Regards
Andrew Grebneff