Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:13:08 -0400
From:
"José H. Leal" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi again Ellen,

I agree with most of your points on the excesses and short lives of gadgets.
All that notwithstanding, and as an example to the comments on your last
paragraph, I have heard from several people who collected shells on Sanibel
this season and used the Shell Museum online guide
http://shellmuseum.org/shells.cfm via iPhone or similar smartphones right
there, on the beach, to find more about their shells.

Happy Shelling,

José
José H. Leal, Ph.D., Director and Curator
The Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum
Editor, The Nautilus
www.shellmuseum.org <http://www.shellmuseum.org/>

3075 Sanibel-Captiva Road