Sender:
From:
Dennis sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:59:28 -0400
From: Dennis Sargent [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:22 AM
To: 'Conchologists List'
Subject: RE: [CONCH-L] Those Beautiful Harps

Hello Martin,

I am currently working on this project. The significant differences are
structural. Color and pattern seem to be influenced by the environment.
You may call me on my cell phone at 352-516-7821 or respond to my private
email at [log in to unmask]  I am located in Florida at Eastern Standard
Time.
The amount of material that I would have to write will exceed the
limitations of Conchlist. My first response was rejected for that reason.

The best current publication on this subject is Guido Poppe’s “A
Conchological Iconography, Family Harpidae”. It is available from Conchbooks
or from several book and shell dealers in the US (Donald Dan and MDM Bob
Janowsky).

I will be looking forward to your call.

Best wishes,

Dennis Sargent