Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:38:01 -0300
7bit
From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
Indeed it is quite confusing - I named these as sowerbii

http://www.femorale.com.br/shellphotos/detail.asp?species=Lucapina+sowerbii+%28Sowerby%2C+1853%29&url=%2Fshellphotos%2Fthumbpage%2Ea
sp%3Ffamily%3DFISSURELLIDAE%26cod%3D1005%26nav%3D11%26prov%3D

and these as suffusa

http://www.femorale.com.br/shellphotos/detail.asp?species=Lucapina+suffusa+%28Reeve%2C+1850%29&url=%2Fshellphotos%2Fthumbpage%2Easp%
3Ffamily%3DFISSURELLIDAE%26cod%3D1005%26nav%3D12%26prov%3D

I have many pictures of live specimens from different places in the Caribbean in case anyone needs for further studies....I am not
sure if animal color is a determinant aspect on this case as  it seems it varies accordingly to what they eat.

Marcus