Sender:
From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:51:30 -0500
This is much more likely in the case of land or freshwater species,
which tend to have much more restricted distributions.  In such cases,
endangered species legislation is appropriate.  However, in the vast
majority of cases, it is habitat destruction or commercial
exploitation that are the real problems.  Banning shell collection
while permitting habitat destruction or overfishing does not protect
anything.

--
Dr. David Campbell
4830 University Blvd E H4