Sender:
From:
Bernd Sahlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:45:12 +0200
Dear lovers of old malacological books,

BHL has recently put online the famous volumes of Martini & Chemnitz
Systematisches Conchylien-Cabinet, new series, from 1837 ungoing. You may
find the list of available volumes at
http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/50504 . If you go to the
original source at archive.org, you will find bw pdf-files for easy text
printing and the original jpg scan files as well. We will print the
marvelous plates in color and bind the missing volumes for our museum
library here in Cismar, as we have a small fund raised for those purposes.

A good source of information on the Goettingen set of volumes can be found
at: Welter-Schultes, F. W. 1999. Systematisches Conchylien-Cabinet von
Martini und Chemnitz (1837-1920), bibliography of the volumes in
Göttingen. - Archives of Natural History 26 (2): 157-203, or on the London
set at:
http://www.deepdyve.com/lp/edinburgh-university-press/martini-and-chemnitz-kuester-s-edition-systematisches-conchylien-wiGSRXtaYi
Best regards

Bernd Sahlmann