Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2012 16:21:22 -0500
8bit
From:
"Jay R. Cordeiro" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, Harry.

The complete range of the species is coastal plains species from Nova Scotia to eastern Quebec and south to Virginia with disjunct populations in the Pee Dee and Chowan basins in North Carolina.  As far as I know, it does not occur in Newfoundland although does occur relatively commonly in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.

Although the alewife is the primary host fish, other documented host fish include white sucker (Catostomus commersoni), threespine stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus), pumpkinseed (Lepomis gibbosus), and white perch (Morone americana) (Davenport and Warmuth, 1965; Wiles, 1975).

Jay
Jay Cordeiro
c/o Biology Dept.
UMass Boston