Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:45:32 -0400
From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
While I do not have an answer to this question I would suggest that the
answer to this question and any other questions like this also be
forwarded to the authors of 2400 Years of Malacology.
<http://www.malacological.org/pdfs/2400years/2400yrs_of_Malacology_complete.pdf>

This is a great resource and we can all help to keep it up to date and
help correct the few errors that may be in there. If you have information
regarding births, deaths, and published information about anyone listed
here, send them the info. They will consider making corrections/additions
when they issue their next update. Their current addresses are listed in
the document. If there are folks that you think should be included, send
the info and a justification as to why to include them. I have found the
authors quite thankful for suggestions, some of mine were included in
updates; some were felt to be outside of the stated aim of the document.
They have done a great job for us, now we have to help them keep it fresh
and up to date.

> On 6/18/2012 10:45 PM, Tom Rice wrote:
>> In going through my backlog of specimens I find I have many which were
>> collected by Eugene Bergeron (in the mid 1960s)
>> in Panama. Knowing that he was born in 1900, I presume he has passed
>> on. Can anyone give me a year of death for my records. Thanks in
>> advance.
>>
>> Tom Rice
>> Rawai beach, Phuket Island
>> The Kingdom of Thailand
> Tom -
>
> Do you know if he last lived in CA or Fl ?
>
> Ancestor.com kinda hijacked the Social Security database and dumps out
> less than I normally get for searching for members I look for.
>
> If Miami-Dade - Florida - 1989
>
> Since others put him laid to rest and publishing a book - I believe
> 1989 is very likely.   He published 1983 How to clean seashells in 1983
>

> Purely speculative - hope someone knows or can back this up or disputes
> it.
> Vital stats tend to require more private data that we don't have.
>
> Martin

> click leave the list.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm

Treasurer
American Malacological Society

Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Associate Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine