Sender:
From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:18:20 -0400
the current pattern seems to be a classic economic one of supply and
demand. if you want to be the first on the block to own a rare or new
shell that suddenly hits the market you can, it will cost you. with so
many dealers online now in china and the philippines, the supply seems
to stay high and the prices eventually tank, with only a couple of
exceptions of truly rare shells. they seem to be the vast minority.

i agree that if you take the time and effort to work the big auction
sites or certain dealers who have online sites and pricelists there
are still some reasonable deals out there, but there seems to still be
a lot of collectors chasing the best/select items and keeping those
prices high. the C and S shell cabinet auctions is a prime example -
when something new or truly exceptional hits that auction, well its
kind of like the humboldt squid  feeding frenzy vividly described in
the last COA bulletin.