Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:37:19 +0800
From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Dear All,

thanks for taking the Kowalewski & Al. paper serious.

For your information: this is NOT an innocent piece of work done. I agree with Marien Faber on this level.

The more, somebody took care that this fell in the hands of the international media. Usually, international media do not care about things unless scientists themselves attract attention to their work.

I wrote hundreds of texts, but only ONCE it went in the international media and this was when the MNHN invited the international press....the  scientists inviting, not vice versa.

In Belgium, millions got the news, well disguised via press agency IPS and KNACK Magazine.

The damage done to science in general through this action is hard to measure, but it will be more than the damage done by some tourists on a beach.

I have not much time to be busy with this matter, but I appreciate the action taken by any of you to limit the damage here.

With best regards,

Guido