Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:20:01 -0500
8bit
From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
several of us on this list-serv experienced this in spades over the
past week at Quintana Beach in Brazoria County, Texas, where starting
from Monday of last week  through yesterday (Monday of Martin Luther
King Day), the beach was literally covered in shells. I was told by my
companions this was the best shelling in that area in years. People in
the local clubs had mostly stopped going, but there is always the
chance of finding something new or unusual, and that was the case this
time around, as live specimens of Agriopoma texasianum (the Texas
venus clam) were high in the wrack line, and had not been seen live on
these beaches in years. Perhaps the lack of tourists and collecting
pressure allowed a rebound!