Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2014 07:17:51 -0400
7bit
From:
Fred Schueler <[log in to unmask]>
Quoting Leslie Crnkovic <[log in to unmask]>:

> I too much prefer a hard copy of everything.
> At home it is nice to sit down with a stack of books and bookmarks
> digging and comparing.
> Not the same with ePubs, even with multiple screens.
> What I do like about an ePub - searchability, cut-n-past, and portability.

* it should be possible to burp out the state of a database at a
certain, citeable date, as a pdf, which could be published on-demand,
as we're doing with our recent books -
http://pinicola.ca/books/index.htm - so that those who want a bound
copy can order it, and those who want loose pages can print what they
want from the pdf. I'd certainly like to see something like this as a
bound volume.

fred.

           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/
     study our books - http://pinicola.ca/books/index.htm
            striving to be, with Rachel Carson,
"fanatic defender[s] of the cult of the balance of nature"