Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 08:17:32 -0400
From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
I have never been able to successfully tell the two apart. The
descriptions and photos in the few popular works that mention both
species, eg.  Poppe's European Seashells haven't helped when I tried.

Fortunately I haven't seen anybody yet say fabalis or mariae or any of
the other species complex names kicking around are found on this side
of the Atlantic. Yet.