Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2014 11:45:38 -0500
From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
I saw in the news a few days back that the Chinese government is
seeking to  prohibit the use of Puns and related wordplay  in
broadcast and social media as they were considered an obfuscatory
impediment to cognition.  Perhaps (other than the usual veiled
attempts at censorship)  this is what they had in mind.