Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2015 16:59:14 -0800
From:
"Ron G. Noseworthy" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, everyone!

Winter collecting here on Jeju Island can be quite interesting. Although rubber boots are a necessity, the weather is usually fairly mild and low tides can yield a good variety of species.  In February, 2001, two colleagues and I visited a beach on the eastern side of the island, as part of a biodiversity survey, and obtained 84 species in 1 1/2 hours.  Not bad for winter collecting.

All the best from Korea!
Ron Noseworthy