Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2015 09:07:34 -0500
From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
I have to take another look, but I believe they stated that
delessertiana tends to favor sheltered inshore (bay) habitats, while
duplicatus was more typical of the open coast/offshore type habitats.
In a couple of prior  trips to Brazoria County, dating to when the
species had been "split",  I don't remember seeing many if any
delessertiana  on the beach, but they were the only ones I found in
places like Christmas Bay.