Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2015 12:12:28 -0400
8bit
From:
I would then also add Chesapecten madisonius named after, I believe,
President Madison.

> Hi Alwyn,
>  Immediately coming to mind is a fossil, Chesapecten  jeffersonianus named
> for President Thomas Jefferson. Prunum roosevelti, named  for President
> Theodore Roosevelt. (Name and species have been synonymized and  then put
> back
> to a separate status. I am not sure where it is now. Cypraea  isabella
> named
> for a Queen, but can't remember from where, Scandinavian country  I think,
> (this is all off the top of my head, so finer details may not be
> correct).
> Sounds like a fun program and I can't wait to hear where the  list takes
> you.
>  Carole Marshall
>

> In a message dated 4/15/2015 10:03:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> In a message dated 4/15/2015 10:03:33 A.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>

> Hi All
> I am contemplating doing a talk on shells named after  royalty or
> alternatively important public figures. Does any come to mind? Any
> suggestions?
> Would really appreciate it if you have knowledge about such  shells in
> your
> area.
> Many thanks
> Alwyn Marais

> [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])  - a forum
> for
> informal discussions on molluscs To leave this list, click on the
> following
> web link: http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1  Type your
> email address and name in the appropriate box and click leave the  list.

> click leave the list.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm

Treasurer
American Malacological Society

Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Associate Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine