Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:32:32 -0500
7bit
From:
Leslie Crnkovic <[log in to unmask]>
To follow in this chain...

In recent years there does not appear to be any consideration given to the
"teachers" schedule anymore.
It is probably more about cost conservation and venue availability.
Admittedly, school start up time is a dead spot in the hotel and travel
industries.

About 10 years ago or so I heard comment from retiring teachers that they
didn't care anymore.
Implying it doesn't matter anymore because they retired (the heck with those
not retired).

Being in academia, I missed this year (due to training) and will miss COA
2017 and COA 2018 because it is after we are called back into fall session.
There is no way I would be allowed to take vacation during in-service week,
or the first or second week of classes.

That said, I will miss seeing you all, ...again, and again!

Cheers,
Leslie Crnkovic
Chair, San Jacinto College