Sender:
From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 08:18:11 +1100
Dear James, and others,

I must wholehartedly agree with Art, and to what he has said I must also
add, that if you want to do it correctly, you must leave your specimens as
type material in a museum, and to be even more correct, also leave some
with a museum in the region that the shell actually came from. Thus, it is
best to do this kind of work in a museum, and use their collection, so you
don't have to give away your own shells (or buy some for the purpose of
describing them). They will also have more shells than you can ever hope to
get, so you can compare the variety within related species.

Patty
WWW: http://www.capricornica.com

Capricornica Publications               on-line natural history bookshop
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098

E-mail: [log in to unmask]