Sender:
From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:52:26 +0900
>         I cannot agree with you more that perhaps there are too many
interactive
> displays in museums.
Treat kids like morons and that's how they behave. Pandering to short
attention spans simply makes them shorter; to my mind, the Cathode Ray Tube
has no place in a museum, unless it's part of an exhibit of TV history.
Here in Japan, there are dozens of shell museums, and they all make the
same mistake of assuming that unless there are TV screens, bells and
whistles then kids will get bored. Most go bust in three years or so.