From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2019 16:41:33 -0400
A few years back a couple of us "listers"  tried to find dove shells
to fit the desired profile near Charleston. The one place that yielded
shells was Beachwalker County Park on Kiawah Island, which is a fine
place for beach/drift collecting. There were lots of crabbed
gastropods by the river inlet at the far end of the beach, but Marlo
determined that our  Columbellidae were all C. avara, FOILED!! but for
anybody interested, this site is an excellent collecting spot, at
least in late winter/early spring. You never know, Carole....