From:
Philip Poland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 22:20:28 -0500
In the words of the fellow from The Great White North: "I'd rather be
flamed than ignored."
Doesn't ANYONE want to argue about whether or not there are TWO species of
Atlantic Moon Snail? It's big, it's common, and it's found in a
well-populated area. Granted it's not a Cypraea, but it's as close as a New
Jersey snailer will get to one.
Please check out the photos posted on the Jacksonville Shell Club's Home
Page (http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm), "Past Articles"
then "Neverita."
Anyone with records for the shell identified as Neverita sp., whether
fossil or recent, are invited to e-mail me. Don't like the idea? E-mail me.
Please.