From:
"C. E. Pinkerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:37:23 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, December 20, 1999 9:14 PM
Subject: Venezuela Tragedy

>Dear Emilio,
>
>Our U.S. papers are full of the Venezuelan tragedy and so is the TV
>news. We are all shocked and saddened. What a horror to happen at
>Christmas time, when even the poorest people have hopes of a little joy
>on Earth, but instead our Earth sweeps them away to their deaths with
>rivers of mud!  We extend our sympathy and we hope that our U.S.
>government and other countries continue to aid Venezuela in this time of
>extreme need. Thank you for telling us what is going on, making it more
>vivid and personal than the news accounts! I hope I speak for us all
>when I say to please feel welcome to keep us informed via Conch-L. This
>listserve has helped make shellers into a single worldwide community and
>so I feel that your tragedy is shared by all of us.
>
>Lynn Scheu
>Louisville, KY

Lynn Scheu
I am sorry I cant seem to figure out how to get mail into the system but
thought you would know how to get this to the proper spot.  You may or may
not know that Peg Carpenter, a long time shell collector, and member of
everything pertaining to shells, died last week.  I have asked her husband
if he wanted me to send in the necessary information that it might be used
in the next COA Bulletin.  If you think this is newsworthy let me
know...inasmuch as there is lots of time before next printing , I think we
will have time enough to come up with a proper testimonial.  Any questions
you may want to know about this please feel free to contact me.    And
thanks....Mique Pinkerton