From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 05:08:16 +0000
I have a correction in the data for the cowrie hybrid (it is not ovum
straight, since the aperature is not as flared at the bottom, the shape
of ovum is more pyriform, and the background in ovum is nearly always
more irregular.  The margins, however, and the teeth shape, number and
coloration are ovum, to be sure!) -  Basilan, Zamboanga del Norte,
Mindanao. 80 fathoms. Before everyone jumps on me about the depth, i
have found that such "details" are notoriously unreliable from your
average PI dealer!!  From this one, i also have Conus circumcisus from
"80 fathoms" !!!  But, i think they often get the general locality
correct, although "E. Samar" or some such notation is vague enough
considering the amount of territor¥ designated!  Although i encourage my
contacts to try to get the best data, they are always telling me things
like Italians (not picking on this nationality, mine you!!) buying all
manner of rarities without ever asking for data at all!!

Mon Pays c'est hiver!!,
Ross.