Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:53:52 +0100
Nothing wrong but a little sadness when a tradition goes. For
centuries catholic church use to sell "indulgences" so we already
knew than immortality could be bought !
Now you can buy a taxon name, everything goes ! Honestly, I don't
care about stars, but in my inocence I was attached to the idea the
guy who found a knew spieces was allowed to choose the name for it
(not his name of course !) but an apropriate one or the one of one of
his masters he wants to honor. As far as I remember that's what I
have learned and seen among French botanists (lichens) twenty years
ago. Perhaps  was I living in a kind of cluster ?

Sophie from cloudy Paris

>I don't see anything wrong with this idea but then I am one of those people
>who had stars named after loved ones.
>Sue Garrison
>Adrian MI 49221

Sophie Valtat