Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 09:40:09 EDT
Sorry this is posted so late. Home and job pressures prevented me doing much
of anything extra since the show.
  We had a really lovely show thanks to all the wonderful exhibits that were
entered. The judges, Bob Lipe and John Chesler for the Scientific Categories
and Betty Lipe for the Artistic Categories, really had a tough time. They
spent almost four hours judging the show. We really thank them and feel they
did a wonderful job.
  Winners were:
   DuPont Award ~~ Nancy Galdo for her Cypraea Exhibit
   Conchologists of America and Best Self Collected Exhibit~~ Gene Everson
for his
                 Seashells of the 90's
  Special Millennium Award~~Elizebeth Brown, Why Do They Call Them Pen Shells
  Best Florida~Caribbean Exhibit ~  Craig Caddigan for his Pleurotomarias
  Best Novice Exhibit Exhibit ~ Jim Pollard for his Tiger Cowries from the
Seychelles
  Best Fossil Exhibit ~ Jim VunKannon
  Best Arts and Crafts Exhibit~  Ed Phelps for his Birds of Prey Exhibit
  Best Shell of the Show Self Collected ~  Craig Caddigan Perotrochus midas
  Best Shell of the Show Any Manner ~  Pat Bingham Vasum latiriformis
  Best Fossil of the Show Betty Hamann ~ Cassis delta
  3 Special Merit Award Ribbons went to Helen Kwiat, 2 in Artistic and 1 in
Scientific
  1 Special Merit Award Ribbons went to Alice Monroe for Shapes and Forms

We had 5 dealers Donald Dan; Bob and Betty Lipe, The Shell Store;  Ed Paul
d.b.a. Len Hill Shells; Tropical Art Designs and Pearl Gallery Etc.

The hall was very nice, right on the water and the crowds were good as was
the weather. Thank you to all who came and supported us. If you want to see
some photos, more will be up next week, you can access our web site at
http://www.gopbi.com/community/groups/PBCshell
     Carole Marshall