From:
Eduardo Moreira <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 11:43:00 -0300
GOOOOD morning to all Conch-Lers,

I must tell you all, what happened with me:

Yesterday I had a night dive! We left the pier around 8PM. The night was
very dark, no moon, bright stars in the sky, the water was quit calm.

I was very excited about the dive. To those who don't know me, I live in
Brasilia, 700 miles far from the sea and when I travel to cities like Rio,
Recife or Salvador, I don't loose the opportunity to dive, at least one
time. In the boat, some other divers were a little bit scared, since it
would be their first night dive. Those more experienced talked with them
trying to relax them. After half an hour or so we arrived to the diving
site. It was iluminated from underwater and looked like two bright
basketball squares.

I put I'll my gear and jumped to the water with my younger son, Fernando.
Reaching the bottom I was surprised not only with the cristal clear water,
but also with the life in it: no fishes and the sand and rocks full of
shell! Boy, I couldn't believe on what I was looking. Tons of shells, from
different species, all completely clean, not even a mark of incrustration.
No broken lips,  no scars, all 100% perfect.

Choosing them very carefully, I started to collect and to put them in my
collection bag. The more I collected the more the bag got bigger. Looking
in a crevice I found a 2 feet Strombus pipus. Unfortunately I couldn't
collect it because it was strongly attached to the rock. A little bit
frustrated I continued my collection. When the bag was as big as a half
Santa Claus bag, my air started to reach 500 psi and we swam to the beach.

It was an island with a very well decorated and confortable house. After
resting a little bit in the house, me, my wife and Nando when to the reef
(it was low tide) to collect more shells. Again tons of shells, all 100%
clean and perfect. It was a feast!!

With the sunshine we started to go back to the house and I found some
strange land shells. Even not being a land shell collector, I collected
some to some friends. In fact, who wouldn't like to receive a land specimen
of Cymbium glans, as a gift?!

Very excited, with three bags full of shells, it was time to get back to
the boat. My wife had disapeared and I was asking Nando to help me with the
bags. He was refusing to carry them because I was the one who was the shell
collector and should be responsible to carry them. Anyway he preferred to
play soccer with his friends. A little bit desperate with the possibility
to loose my treasure, I started to argue with him and then...

BEEP, BEEP, BEEEEEP... Oh, God, I don't believe!!

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP... and someone kissed me, and from the depths of my soul I
heard a voice that said:

Darling, today is Saturday and you forgot to turn off the alarm clock!!!
:-((

OK, you are all laughing, aren't you? It was a dream, but I believe that I
had dreamed with the paradise!!! :-))))

Cheers to all of you.

Eduardo

PS: I don't use to dream with shells, I usually forget them right after I
get up and usually they are not full of details. Boy, dreams like this one
I'd like to dream everyday!!!

Eduardo Moreira
SQS 104 Bl.D apt.504
70343-040 Brasilia, DF  BRAZIL