From:
"Lycette, Don" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 09:46:17 +0300
Ross,

I'm glad you asked the question, because I had the same reaction as you.
I'm a 20 year employee of Chevron, the 2nd largest U.S. based oil company,
and I'm very familiar with how Chevron spends its money.  It would surprise
me greatly if someone could show me that Chevron made large contributions
that "fund to a large extent the top ten environmental organizations in the
U.S.".  A lot of good points were made in the original posting, but throwing
in this type of statement reduces the effectiveness of the overall message.

Don Lycette
Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia