From:
Frank Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 07:56:37 EDT
Ross,

Excellent questions, but I'm afraid addressed to the wrong group. I think we
need to be asking the right people if we want any answers. Is it just enough
to be concerned?

A better question might be "who" do we contact and "how." Or, what can we as
a group do, to have an effect. It's one thing to be a question person, but
like the old man said when asked by the youth if he could ask him another
question, "Questions I have plenty of, it's answers I'm short on. Come back
when you have a few answers to go with those questions." What the old man
didn't know, was that it isn't always that simple. Often the more technical
questions are beyond our being able to come up with possible solutions. But
usually the rest, aren't.

My grandfather use to tell me, "If you're smart enough to come up with
questions, then you're smart enough to come up with some possible answers."
I think that was his way of saying, I don't know the answer, now leave me
alone. But that's a guess.

Are things slow out there, or is it my imagination?

Frank Walker

Gems From The Sea
Visit Our WEB SITE: www.shellgems.com
New posting every week under BULLETIN Board
BUY - SELL - TRADE - CONSIGNMENT
"Quality Specimen Shells For Every Collector"
New Shells Arrive Every Week!
72 Peltier Street, Marlborough, MA 01752  USA
(508) 481-7491; Fax: (508) 624-9778; out-of- state 1-800-497-3601
<A HREF="http://www.shellgems.com/"> Welcome to Shell Gems: buy and sell
shells from around the world</A>