From:
Amy Lyn Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:42:21 -0400
Conch-lers,

Once the conch-l list has received 50 messages in one day it holds the rest
and sends a message to me asking to release the list.  Which I did after I
took advantage of the break to make a few changes to the listserv programs
settings.

The newest version of the listserv program has several new features; one is
a way to block long email messages.  I have implemented this feature with a
setting of 250 lines.  This setting should still allow even very verbose
subscribers to post messages, but it should stop images and long sales
lists.  I can adjust the setting if we find it is too few lines - just let
me know if the listserv bounces your messages.

Amy

>Did m=A5 plea for help identifying that strange Ovulid from Zanzibar get
>through?  I  recieved a strange message that the list was "held", so my
>message would be kept until the entire list was "released".  Did anyone
>else recieve such a cryptic response to their efforts today?
>        Back to Ovulids, is there a site with lots of Ovulid pix somewhere?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Ross.

Amy Edwards, Program Coordinator ------ [log in to unmask]

Museum of Natural History        --------        phone (706) 542-4137
University of Georgia            --------            FAX 706-542-3920
Athens, GA 30602-1882       --------       http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/
"A man's mind, stretched by new ideas, can never go back to its original
dimensions."             Oliver Wendell Holmes