From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 18:06:43 -0400
Betty Jean Piech wrote:

> Dear Conch-Lers -  I leave in three days for a collecting trip to Margarita
> Island off the coast of Venezuela and I suddenly remembered I need some
> information I don't have.  Do they have 110 current (I hope, if not I will
> need to take a converter)?  And do their plug-ins look like ours or do I
> need an adapter and if so what does it look like?  And even if everything
> is just like the US, I still need to know that so I can stop thinking of
> what I will look like if I have to spend 11 days in the water without a
> hair-dryer.  I know we have some members in Venezuela, hopefully one of you
> will come to my rescue.
>
> Betty Jean, The Tall One =20
>
> Betty Jean Piech=A0=A0=A0=A0
> Hockessin DE,USA
> ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~=20
> _@/-The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.-\@_

Dear Betty Jean:

Isla Marguerita and the rest of Venezuela is a lovely place; you will
have a good time.  Their electricity connections are the same as in the
United States.

Of course, most of us don't have to worry about a hair dryer.  What
would you look like without a hair dryer? Why a shell collector of
course.  Besides, just stand in back of anyone else on the trip when
photographs are taken and you have nothing to worry about.

Have an enjoyable journey.  Buena suerte y via con dios, mi amiga.

Alan Gettleman
Merritt Island, FL