From:
Jenny Scarboro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 07:41:49 -0500
You know, gossip can be very destructive, justified or not.

If we feel we must go so far as to say the seller's a crook or the
equivalent thereof, let the audience hear the whole story and decide for
ourselves.  Otherwise, why mention anything about the sordid affair in the
first place?  Has there been a criminal conviction or a civil decision?  If
not, it's slander either way you cut it, and not worthy of the fine people
I have come to know here.

I find myself with a horrible urge to know more, but to go off and whisper
in a corner about someone -- no matter how much they might deserve it --
doesn't seem right.  Wish this whole nasty subject had not been broached.
Yuk.

Jenny