From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:57:21 EST
A few months back I started a thread in which I inquired about manchineel and
poison bush, two plants that grow in the Caribbean that are toxic enough to
make poison ivy look like an ideal choice for your perennial border by
comparison.  Happily, none of you conch-Lers had had run ins with this
ferocious fauna. But no one had much info to offer either.

Well I just found great photos of both plants in an army survival manual, of
all places. If anyone is interested in seeing what thses plants look like,
let me know. You may never run into one, but imagine running into the bush
along a tropical beach when your shell safari is interrupted by a call of
nature and choosing the wrong leaf, one of these charmless plants for
Charmin....... It could really ruin your trip.