From:
"C. E. Pinkerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 12:32:01 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 11:46 PM
Subject: Re: Bivalves?

>Bivalves are mostly food--to me. I'll collect them anyhow.

I note someone has already given the basics of making chowder out of the
little coquinas,,,however you might also try before cooking them putting
them in a bucket of fresh water and they will kick out most of the sand and
unwanted material...I havent made chowder but a couple of times when we were
desperate at the seashore for sustenance, but when they are cooked they seem
to shed their shells voluntarily and can be separated then.  Dont suggest
you cook very long as most sea creatures tend to toughen the more they are
cooked.  I made my base soup about like I make potato soup...and when this
is done add the already cooked coqes and cook just long enough to blend.
Now if you want my recipe for potato soup,,,just ask...I do make a fairly
good one.. If all else fails mix with canned potato soup...or go to
McDonalds and get a big Mac and save yourself some time.....Mique Pinkerton