From:
"Allen A. Aigen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:48:34 -0700
Jim,
I am far from being an expert on the scallops, and you are most likely
right, but if we always use a process of elimination, we will never
describe new species.  Perhaps there are two distinct sister species
under the name of C. islandica.  Can anyone show a progression between
the suspect form and the common forms?
Allen Aigen