From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:20:03 +0200
Dear Conchlers,

I am really disappointed. Several time ago I asked
if anybody of you can help me with some common marine
shells for a children project when I am showing them
the shell collection at the museum and to give them
a few in remembering for their visit. Now within a
month is starting the childres holidays express where
I am speaking with them about shells. This is a
project all in all with about 300 children. Together
with help of our members of the list I wanted to
get together a few hundred shells, common and slightly
junk material, but not to broken and quite fresh
taken, but all common and easiley to get. I would
have wish me that a number of people of the list
would have helped me in my endeavour to carry together
some shells for the childrens, but I didn't get any
material up to now from anybody. I didn't ask the
shells for the museums collection for the natural
history department of the museum in Innsbruck, but
for children from 4 - 12 years to get minimum one
specimen of common shells for them, mixed material,
also without datas. This seems to be impossible.
This should be enough reason for me to quit the list
and to feel nearly non collaboration with me on this
way. I never thought that nobody don't want to spare
very common shells with children in Innsbruck and
the Tyrol. So I will ask you (all the conchlers) the
real last time if you can spare some shells from
everywhere, including common Cypraeas as moneta,
annulus, tigris, caurica, erosa, eg. also in larger
numbers and other representatives from other families
to donate them to children in remembering to a shell
visit in Innsbruck. I am counting for your help.
The material must not be the best, but fresh taken,
with nice and fresh coloring again, not too junk and
broken.
Please contact me further at
specially those where I am in private contact.

Please send parcels to
Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck